Christmas party house

Today the house was quiet - all 3 youngsters were in Manchester so David and I got on with the decorations. There is still a bit of tweaking to do but the the tree is up, the twiggy things secured and the wreaths are in place. I've gone for pale colours: cream, white, silver and a little gold, a bit like like a silver birch, which means many decs have been left in their boxes this year. I sewed the padded hearts in a Designer's Guild fabric called the de chine and still have a few more to finish off so there will be some adjustments to the tree - that ribbon  needs to be less vertical for a start.  Then there was the Christmas tree cake to make for a pot luck lunch at school tomorrow. I have cheekily practised for next weekend when the vanilla cake will be part of the Christmas lunch dessert. I used a bundt tin and Nigella's recipe and it looks fab. Will let you know what it tastes like tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Comments are much appreciated and I will comment back I promise.