Cosmos


These photos were taken Petersham Nurseries at the end of the summer and remind me of a note to self I've kept in my head for the new garden year: grow cosmos it's  fabulous - a half hardy annual which should do ok in my sheltered garden. I won't be buying seedlings though but 1 or 2 litre pots from a good grower here in the Cotswolds. Do look at Sarah Raven's new catalogue  for recommended varieties though. Mine  landed on the doormat yesterday and made lovely bedtime reading. The ones in my photo look like 'Purity' and 'Antiquity'. I am a great fan of white flowers because they look so lovely in the evening when I'm outside. Don't the  dahlias look good as table settings in the second photo? Hmm they need quite a bit of tending to look good for long in the garden so maybe not.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Comments are much appreciated and I will comment back I promise.