overnight porridge



This is a great winter breakfast that can you can change the flavour of quite easily. It is actually much more akin to the original Bircher Muesli my Swiss family made when I was little. The important bit is the soaking of the oats (instant muesli is just not the same). I make this with water and  semi skimmed milk but it's still lovely and creamy. We really don't need the full fat milk and cream from the original recipe. I use the bottom oven of my Everhot but any warm place will do just as well. BTW did you know Aga pans are made in Switzerland? Well well.


1 cup of oats
3 cups of water / semi skimmed milk
1 apple cored and sliced the way you like it
 a little sugar and some cinnamon




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Comments are much appreciated and I will comment back I promise.