chest of treasures


So much more than 3 drawers to put away underwear and jammies, this new little chest in my bedroom is somewhere to keep things close to me: the baby vest edged in pink that Kate wore, the little grey and white bonnet my mum knitted for baby Luci and Patrick's little lamb which rings gently every time I move things round.  And that's just the top drawer - the middle one is David's and the last drawer is for scarves, the silk and cotton kind I often wear. They have a history too and I am still collecting. There are some lovely cotton ones for the spring at woven oak but I think I should wait a bit to decide on colours. The jug on the top of the chest is an old Gruyères pot from the 30s which my grandmother (from the photos earlier this week) would have used.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Comments are much appreciated and I will comment back I promise.