cartography


Do you love maps? I'm still working on the google earth view of our village footpaths but have lots to do yet. I loved these examples of art maps from a magazine called uppercase which has as its tagline - a magazine for the creative and curious. Well I guess I'm curious -  OK strange. 

                                               here is the link UPPERCASE

It's good to read something clever and skilled. I did get a bit fed up with an article in Country Living this month telling me to polish windows with newspaper - bleugh. 
I think maps are beautiful and old maps make great art for the home. Cut out shapes could  dress bookshelves and picture or mirror frames as well as decorate stationery like cards and notebook covers.  I'm sticking with my original project though and I'm going to have a go at freestyling with pen and ink.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Comments are much appreciated and I will comment back I promise.