moment to shine

Moment to shine is the slogan for the Olympic Torch relay through Britain and I got up extra early to see it happen outside school this morning. There was such a lovely atmosphere and it was good to see the torch close up. The gathering of people to cheer him on, the smiles, the applause made it pretty special. Here are the pics: The new torch bearer is called Zac and he is waiting with his supporting crew member. She looked like she had a spare in her rucksack! The last two photos show the change over and you can see the all important flame. I ran out of battery on my Lumix so don't have a shot of him running down the main road towards Malvern, oops. 
Zac the torchbearer























the torch is so shiny

hand over

note the uniform the torch bearers  and stewards wear


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Comments are much appreciated and I will comment back I promise.