A very favourite time of year for me is the beginning of the summer holidays. Abundance in the form of lots of fruit and vegetables every meal every day (because there is time to buy locally) is a big change. Patrick said we hadn't had artichokes for a while so we did today. They were yummy with a simple vinaigrette and we laughed about the protocol of eating the base of each leaf, discarding the hairy bit and then finishing off the heart in the sauce.  
I was also thinking about garden lighting this afternoon and really really want to do something with jam jars. I loved this idea of using jars as shades in a Spanish shop I saw a few months ago. We may go electric or just start on the huge stack of tea lights which just doesn't ever seem to go down. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Comments are much appreciated and I will comment back I promise.