Dog treats



I made some doggy biscuts for Max yesterday trying out a recipe I found on on this site. Basically it's 2 cups of breadmaking flour and 2 jars of baby food. I used a mixed grain flour (you could use chick pea flour called gram) and 2 small 'orchard chicken' jars. Mix these and make a dough adding water or extra flour to get a nice consistency. Then press out with your hand or roll out with a pin and cut into squares (you can also use a cookie cutter). Bake for about 20 minutes at about 170 C. The hardest part was choosing baby food without onions and potato which aren't good for dogs. You could also use any mashed fruit like banana in the pic or left over vegetables like carrots or squash. When the biscuits come out of the oven  they are soft so leave them out to harden up but make sure they are out of snout reach. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Comments are much appreciated and I will comment back I promise.