yummy granola


Many moons ago when the kids were little, I am thinking of the girlies when we were living in London, my heart was here in Sarah Garland's picture book, Coming to Tea. My now grown up daughter, Luci commented this afternoon on the eighties' mums and there are a few details certainly which belong there: the filter coffee jug, the dungarees, and the block colours. For me, then and now this picture is it - babies, dogs, the Aga, and a realistic take on what women really look like. Subliminally that's what I've gone for and in humble terms that's what I have achieved.  Now for the granola recipe!

You need: 
300g oats (I used organic jumbo oats this time but usually I have ordinary porridge oats from the supermarket)
60g butter 
50g soft brown sugar
2 tablespoons of runny honey 
50g smashed nuts (almonds or hazelnuts are good)

Combine the butter, sugar and honey on the hob or hot plate and stir in the oats and nuts. Spread out on a greased baking tray and bake in a hot oven (230C) for about 8 - 10 minutes. If you're using an Aga or Everhot it will be no more than 8 minutes. I just got to mine in time. The granola can be broken up to use as a breakfast cereal or crumble style topping over apples or plums for example or cut into large pieces for a snack. I've done mine for school next week. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Comments are much appreciated and I will comment back I promise.