damsons

This makes a very nice crumble which in individual pots makes for smaller portions for calorie counters. I make a basic coulis with damsons, a splash of water and a large table spoon of sugar which I then push through a sieve. I reduce it a little on the hotplate  - there's no danger of it turning into jam as there's so little sugar. Spoon the hot coulis into the ramekin pots and lay slices of apple on top. Then add the crumble topping. I had mine with less butter than usual: 100g of unsalted butter and 180g of plain flour with a few almond pieces on top. Using a food processor makes this super easy but you can use the rubbing in method too. Bake the pots for about 20 to 30 minutes at 180C. The last photo is of one of the pots ready to serve with cream of some kind. We are eating full fat Greek yoghurt at the moment but just a little for me. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Comments are much appreciated and I will comment back I promise.