Saturday was lovely - shopping in John Lewis with Luce. As always Christmas comes first to department stores inviting us to buy presents by the bucket load but I love the choosing, the ideas which are free and the more creative versions of just throwing money at festivities which are meant to cheer us up in the middle of winter rather than deplete our bank accounts. It will be Samhain or summer's end on Wednesday (halloween to some) and Christmas for us is a mid winter festival; I like to have fun celebrating and enjoying being with the fam. 
One of my ideas for Christmas is the inventive use of wrapping paper in a roll. I'm thinking as a table runner maybe and some shelf edging in the kitchen where my canisters are. I am practising the best recipes for our biscuits de Noël this half term especially as Patrick is here to eat them. I have added the link to a website with good recipes and lovely pics.
www.delimoon.com

You need to look up posts for December 2011 - in French obv but manageable. 




2 comments:

  1. Bonjour Jacqueline
    Merci pour ton sympatique commentaire et pour le lien sur ton blog vers le mien. Je suis très honorée et vraiment ravie qu'il te plaise.
    Ton blog est également très intéressant et offre plein de bonnes idées. Je vais prendre le temps de le visiter plus en détail. Comme je comprends assez bien l'anglais ce ne sera pas un problème.
    Au fait, de quelle région fribourgeoise sont tes origines ?
    A bientôt !
    verO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour Ver0

    Merci également! Ma mère était la fille de Victor et Caroline Lorson - famille fribourgeoise - Victor mon grand-père était photographe. Je vis en Angleterre depuis très longtemps mais la suisse romande m'intéresse beaucoup. Je vais visiter ton blog souvent. Jacqueline.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Comments are much appreciated and I will comment back I promise.