This image from American Vogue just does it for me. I love the composition of the photograph. My family were photographers a century ago and I have many photos from the twenties and thirties as well as a few from the 1800s. But this one makes my heart sing. It's not the pony but her gaze back at the photographer and the fact that she's there at all. The girl looks very 1940s French to me with her blouse and dark footwear. The kitchen is like mine, no wall cupboards and grey and white. I don't have the high ceiling and tall windows though. I like the green in the photo too: the bread bin and the outside. And everything on the walls is off centre. What loveliness. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Comments are much appreciated and I will comment back I promise.