Projects need planning and lunch out in the Cotswolds gave us time and space to do just this. The project is the summer house / garden room and I am thinking up all sorts of ideas. I would like to use old things as far as possible but I still want a modern look ... hmm. I have a redundant wing chair I bought in the 80s in the days when I marked A Level French scripts and which needs to be reupholstered now, so we went to Painswick after our bite and a pint to choose the fabric. There are 2 front runners a grey velvet or a slubby cotton weave. I'll see what the upholsterer thinks. The pub is lovely: plain and a proper local. Across the bar hang photographs of past drinkers including Laurie Lee and there is a collection of dusty old beer bottles called the LL collection along with his walking stick. If ever a visitor from abroad wanted to see a real English pub this would be it.  







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Comments are much appreciated and I will comment back I promise.