books for life


Tiny pictures of the books I am taking tomorrow to one of my students who is poorly. Choosing books for teenagers is quite a challenge: not too adult, not too simple and certainly not boring. I love Tove Jansson's book, it's so positive and uplifting, a bit like going swimming which often happens in the story too. I hope she will like it as much as I do. 
Luci has also lent her copy of The Great Gatsby which I remember reading for the first time when I was fifteen. I don't think I understood it though but I remember the setting and the lovely prose. At the moment I have a new copy of Uncle Tom's Cabin on my bedside table, yes really. Re - reading this one is brilliant. I understand the writer and the genre the novel belongs to now and it's not difficult to get on with but sometimes I'm just too tired when I get to bed so I just look at a few pictures of stuff I like (round velvet cushions atm ) on my Kindle instead. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Comments are much appreciated and I will comment back I promise.