I am a fan of

grey as you can see. Our Saturday lunch venue was a good choice - I had seen it on the website for Anton&K in Winchcombe in our North Cotswold corner and really wanted to see the painted beams. I thought they looked great and felt inspired to paint an old Ercol chair which was looking tired and just didn't lift the look of the space in the summer house. I've used an eggshell finish Dulux paint which dries slowly - it's the one we used for the kitchen cabinets. I may still apply a second coat or go for a distressed look and sand down a few areas.  Then I found this old toile de jouy cushion cover in my stash of textile treasures - it's an old one from the 50s and I think it will dress the chair very nicely.   






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Comments are much appreciated and I will comment back I promise.