5 feel good moments of the day


First off we went walking at Croome Park this lunchtime with Max and saw the statues unveiled. In the winter, actually right up to Easter, they are covered in tarpaulin to protect them from frost so you can only see their 18th century loveliness for a few months. Here is the river goddess just for Dan and Kate who were amused by the shrouded statues they couldn't see the last time we came.


Then there are wild flowers appearing everywhere. The bluebells and cowslips are garden varieties but the other stems are field flowers. I have them dotted here and there to enjoy throughout the day.




Next up is an idea to hang drying flowers from the lofty ceiling in the summer house. I remember dried flower posies from the 80s when they were very much in vogue and I still think the natural ones are lovely. I am very fussy about flowers: drying helps to extend the season for many of our native flowers but you need a little bit of know how and lots of patience.


Then there's potting up seedlings to plant in bigger containers. My garden is in transition and there are still areas where plants have self seeded and need to be rescued before the final landscaping projects get underway: alchemilla, caraway, Mexican daisies and creeping jenny all deserve new homes. I like old pots, one for each plant rather than an arrangement in one container.


There's also been a quiet hour in the summer house pinning some Liberty print binding to a really old piece of linen to serve as a runner in the dining cum breakfast room. A happy day in the month of May :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Comments are much appreciated and I will comment back I promise.