bluebell woods

Photographs from my neck of the woods: the bluebells are out at last and I love to see them in rough grass under trees whose canopies have not quite unfurled. I love this look - the old pastoral scenery before we started obsessing about collecting non native plants and having manicured lawns and borders. You might  remember Lady Catherine in Pride and Prejudice :
    Miss Bennett, there seemed to be a prettyish kind of a little wilderness on one side of your lawn. I should be glad to take turn in it, if you will favour me with your company."
 Well the wilderness look is back.

I took the other photos in a village nearby as little cultural vignettes: live music in all kinds of venues, asparagus plates displayed for its brief season - note the old window too and a black and white dating from the 1500s.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Comments are much appreciated and I will comment back I promise.