mmm Saturday


Remember the two chairs I had earmarked for the summer house but had to wait for the fullness of time to be remodelled? Well here they are in their newness. We collected the wing chair this afternoon and I am delighted with the slubbiness of the linen velvet and the colour of course. I think I've posted the stick back chair I painted already but the colours tie in very nicely. 
The Chelsea Flower Show is next week and I hope these stone floor sculptures are a hit. We sent off for some samples and they are beautiful. I love the leaves. I shall be watching the show garden tours on TV but the RHS website has already got some great shots to inspire. I'm really into gardening without plants at the minute ... though we spent a bit of the afternoon salvaging some herbaceous plants from the raised border at the side of the house before the slash and burn party which will take place later on in the year. It will be a heavy duty operation: brambles, bamboo, cotoneasters, kerria, osmanthus, none will come quietly. The transplants have gone into planters ready for the woodland areas in the autumn. 
Tomorrow another lovely day I hope. I 'm planning to make a summer pudding:) It's David's favourite and we have a great selection of soft fruit in the freezer, yum. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Comments are much appreciated and I will comment back I promise.