This is the battle of the dressers and the flowers. I spent a little time on Saturday morning cleaning and tidying the breakfast dresser and did the same on Sunday for the old pine dresser in the dining room. The advantage of the glass doors is that the china keeps dust free so I only have to keep the top tidy. It should be reserved for food items but as we have the computer in the dining room it does become a place for papers small and large as well as a recharging station for our phones. Still today it is clutter free.
Luci brought home an armful of cornflowers which are displayed in the kitchen and in the hall. They are my favourite even more that peonies because of the purply blue colour and the associations with many European traditions. The pot of lavender stands unassumingly outside the summer house and the hanging basket without flowers is another example of  gardening without plants which I think works quite well. It looks better in fading natural light but you can just see the twinkling battery lights in this afternoon shot. 
We had a lovely lunch en famille in Stow on the Wold today and David really enjoyed his cards and presents for fathers' day. Living in the moment felt good.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Comments are much appreciated and I will comment back I promise.