whole lotta proud


Yesterday was one to remember. Patrick's graduation at Leeds Uni was lovely and we were very proud of him. He drove us way up north in the morning so we had plenty of time for photographs as you can see. I liked the green hoods for the school of earth sciences and I think Patrick looked good in the hat even though it's not the tradition at Leeds so he didn't wear it in the Great Hall. There's a lot to know about the academic cap or mortar board. I didn't have one at Southampton either - I think it's linked to an alliance to Cambridge rather than Oxford. Anyway we were given the choice from the gown hirers so thought we'd get one.
It was funny to see David with his son sporting the same grin. We got home very late indeed tired and happy in the way of a true fairy tale of a day.  













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Comments are much appreciated and I will comment back I promise.