Molière and pastries

Mid week and we were at Birmingham Rep to see Tartuffe, a rolling in the aisles comedy which went down very well on a gloomy November evening. The cast was terrific but it's the satire that stays with you. I've always loved Molière - my best ever theatre experience was L'Avare in a Camden theatre some 40 years ago. 
We continued with retro this weekend and I dug out my very first cookery book. I have been practising pastries or dessert breads inspired by Finnish Pulla (recipe in Kinfolk magazine )and decided to give this one for Danish pastries a go. Turned out ok but I need dough cutters to get the required square shapes right every time. There's something about using yeast that is so amazing.If you haven't time or inclination you could look up this artisan baker's in Bristol either on line or in person, it's by Temple Meads station so easy to find.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Comments are much appreciated and I will comment back I promise.