Shakespeare

What's to do in wet and windy Britain when hoping for spring just isn't enough to get you through? We are getting out with Max but it's so muddy - I spend as long washing him down with warm water as we are out in the fields. This week saw us at our local cinema to see a live theatre performance streamed from Covent Garden in London: Coriolanus with Birgitte H Sorensen and Tom Hiddleston. 
The Regal was a good choice - you need the comfy swivel chairs and a bar for the interval. I loved the performances and the set and it was good to see a new (to me) Shakespeare.


Today we ventured to the new Wilson Gallery in Cheltenham and I was taken with this painting by Eileen Cooper. I think it might reference a few lines from Twelfth Night: I like the girl who stumbled but got away and the beautiful greyhound.

O Mistress mine, where are you roaming? O stay and hear! your true-love’s coming That can sing both high and low; Trip no further, pretty sweeting, Journeys end in lovers’ meeting— Every wise man’s son doth know. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Comments are much appreciated and I will comment back I promise.