mardi gras

Pancake day and not a fruit or vegetable in sight. My favourite at the moment is the buttermilk pancake recipe see the bakes page on the right. I made three stacks for the three of us. The raclette hardly needs a recipe you just buy the raclette cheese and some good bread. Some folk make it with steamed new potatoes but we prefer the bread. The potatoes would keep warm on the flat top of, you guessed it, the raclette machine. I bought mine decades ago and it comes out a couple of times a year. I'm always careful to clean it lovingly afterwards so it looks brand new. I am looking forward to new spring vegetables now - actually I can see the merits of a completely vegan diet after this lot. Is wine allowed? 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Comments are much appreciated and I will comment back I promise.