perfect days




Our day in London on Saturday was perfect. We just managed to fit in the David Bailey exhibition at the Portrait Gallery before it goes and then went on to be wowed by boutique shops and bigger ones on our way back to the station: Marimekko, Skandium, Aesop, Anthropologie and The Conran Shop never disappoint. I have fallen in love with this sensory experience which captures the life and times of writers and artists in a bottle. The scents are fabulous but I need more time to choose  - maybe for a special birthday??? 

Bailey's photographs and the homage to writers and thinkers on the first floor of the gallery were the real stars though and I hope I have learnt how to take better portrait shots; certainly I shall try taking photos from beneath rather than top down. And then there's backlighting … It was good to see some of Bailey's work taken with his phone rather than one of his many photographer's cameras. I do love the way he captures the essence of the person like the one of Marianne Faithfull in her underwear - brilliant.  

Today has been glorious too, sharing the day with Kate, Dan and Luci. I made blueberry pancakes for breakfast and we have drunk a lot of tisanes with herbs from the garden. 

Emily Bronte

Joseph Chamberlain

Meryl



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Comments are much appreciated and I will comment back I promise.