Reading is such fun when you're into what you're reading of course and choosing a good book needs care and the advice of good people. My marking colleagues come up with winners every year and here are some of their recommendations. I'm getting stuck in.
  • The Maggie O'Farrell is unputdownable but when I finish  - tomorrow? I will surely start:
  • Tony Hogan Bought Me An Ice Cream Float … by Kerry Hudson. 
  • I read The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton on my Kindle at the start of the holiday. So good.
  • I shall leave The Secret Scripture till last; have to get to the ending to give you my verdict.
I have also made a start on my sock knitting and love the Gudrun Sjoden clothes for the autumn. A voice in my head is screaming too early too early.

Do hop over to a brilliant blog on the best fiction to be reading now:

2 comments:

  1. I really want to read "The Miniaturist" - I read a good interview with the author at the weekend. It sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mel It's much better than the Girl with the Pearl Earring. Ticks a lot of my personal boxes too: historical, the Netherlands etc.
    Hope you enjoy it.
    Jx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Comments are much appreciated and I will comment back I promise.