garden to go


This is a little project I want to do using old zinc tubs as containers to dress a garden rather than landscape and plant permanently. Often it's just a pot by the front door and a few plants by a seating area that's needed to make an outside space more welcoming. I like the grey, prefer something old, and want a container which complements the planting style I like. These are hardy ferns which need hardly any care as long as they are sited in partial shade where they can enjoy free rainwater. I added some water retentive granules to help them stay moist and mulched with moss to keep the water in the soil. My source for these lovely containers is an online shop called Mabel & Rose. They have a good selection and you can collect from their barn near Burford in Oxfordshire to save postage. There are a couple more tubs I shall plant up in the spring. I plan to gift them all over the next couple of months except the watering can which I shall keep and display under the pergola. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Comments are much appreciated and I will comment back I promise.