Mockingbird

Every home should and does have a copy of Harper Lee's only novel. I am collecting these toy animals to represent her characters, a little decorative project I started at Christmas but collecting takes time and there are a few important folks who haven't appeared yet. Changing the proxemics is fun as I drink tea and plan my day and I often find that someone has beaten me to it and changed where the animals stand.  Can you guess who's who? A few clues to help out with very personal choices - the German Shepherd is Boo Radley who saves the children at the end and the pretty donkey is Mayella hanging her head in shame. I have fond memories of sharing this story with my classes; the novel is out of favour now and won't be included in the new syllabus for English Lit but at least there are hundreds of thousands of us who have read it and will always remember its goodness. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Comments are much appreciated and I will comment back I promise.