Bakewell

We loved the Dutch apple tart so I thought I'd have a go at making this recipe from the Guardian, for a Bakewell tart. The ingredients are all favourites of mine: almonds, raspberries and a pastry base so I gave it a go starting with a quick fridge jam or compôte made with loganberries I had in the freezer. It was yummy. The frangipane filling is lovely too but I think the pastry turned out a bit too crisp and wafer like. I prefer a sablée which is more buttery and melt in the mouth. Of course folks in Derbyshire would say I should make a pudding not a tart. I might just try that next time. I do like a French tart though…
It was good to be out in the sunshine today. The garden is coming on and texts, a phone call and Face Time from my bigguns were very welcome this afternoon. Shame they can't be here to help us eat the tart.  








2 comments:

  1. Ce gâteau est depuis longtemps sur ma liste des recettes à tester.
    Le tien est très réussi et me donne envie de m'y mettre. Il me reste plein de confiture de fraises, ça ira aussi.
    verO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci verO. Prends mon conseil et fais une pâte sablée. La recette du Guardian est bien et une confiture aux fraises ira aussi bien:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Comments are much appreciated and I will comment back I promise.