bees, books and yarn

The weekend was full of new things for me and I didn't get a chance to post. I went up to Manchester on Friday for a training course - the exam scripts for my paper are on-line for the first time this year and quite a few things have changed.  I'll have to see how it all goes as I'm not used to deadlines and procedures any more. I enjoyed meeting my colleagues or summer friends as I like to think of them. We went to a brilliant fabric shop in the Northern Quarter and Naomi told me about Ice Cream Star which I have started on my kindle - still going with the Nemirovsky which I love and have finished A Spool of Blue Thread by Anne Tyler ready for the book club meeting next week.  
Sunday morning I was on a bee course which was amazing. The yellow suit and veil had their first outing. This weekend we shall finish making the frames for the brood box and I will put the hive in the garden ready to move to Sunnyside. I'm not sure whether to buy my bees or wait for a swarm to become available. There are pros and cons as always. I haven't done much crochet or knitting, though I have a two hour sesh tomorrow knitting socks at my yarn group. I have been making a table runner to go with the new curtains in the dining room so I guess that counts, sort of. We have refreshed the dining room with new chairs and curtains to flow from the grey kitchen better in terms of colour. I love the aspect of this room; it's light and airy, and cosy at the same time. Our builders are still with us but there should only be one day's work left. The garden can then be dressed. A new tree or two would be lovely after losing the copper beech earlier this month and I think a few soft stemmed climbers might be a good choice for the pergola. I will ponder. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Comments are much appreciated and I will comment back I promise.