decisions

Hello Easter bunnies, my post today is about finding calm in the midst of decision making. The 'mood' board is about calming crochet and reading. I am now on to my fourth animal and he will be a tabby cat for Kate hopefully with some of the markings her real kitty has. I am reading some nice stuff: The Year of Living Danishly by Helen Russell is fun and speaks to me on many levels and a re-read of Jane Eyre which I last read in my 30's. I just  felt drawn to it again. The boards which I use for photos are locally reclaimed pine flooring braced at the back which we shall be using to display the seating plan for the wedding reception tables in July. The garden beckons me when it's sunny and I do need to get up front and personal with my woodland area - bluebells are coming through as well as the woodland sweet pea which does well every year. There is a fair bit of weeding and tidying to do which I might make a start on this afternoon. I often have pots of tulips for the spring and this year I chose a creamy white one with pink edges. The flower globes are just about to open probably in time for David's birthday on Sunday.

The decisions are mostly wedding related, of course - I am obsessing with table runners atm. I think it's going silver linen, recycled vases and terracotta long toms to balance the elegant with just a few rustic touches. The photo has brown runners but the flowers and settings are👌🏼We are very lucky to have such a beautiful venue and I feel a responsibility to do it justice I guess. 

We are also planning to redo some of our rooms downstairs. The downside of decluttering is that it makes me reassess everything. The piano has gone now which I kinda agonised over but I hung on to the thought that it's sad to have an unplayed piano in the house and so it's gone to an acquaintance who is keen to learn to play. I love this wallpaper which I first saw in a magazine but the company offers many other botanical designs. Our 'study' will become a pretty room off the hall with storage aka the 1850's French chest of drawers or commode, a wing chair which we have had redone in herringbone linen and a peg rail for a few coats. I had thought wood panelling but there is no pattern in the room as shutters have replaced the curtains so maybe wallpaper is the way to go. We won't decide in a hurry and certainly not before the downstairs flooring is replaced in May followed quite promptly with my AQA marking (GCSE and A level this year) and then the BIG day. I'm also toying with a new sofa and coffee table. That really won't happen till after the summer. 

We have no holiday plans as such😟. David says we should go to Utrecht to see Patrick; he was with us over Easter which I was thankful for and I know he will be back to see Kate and Luci for the stag / hen event this month too. The next time I see him will be just days before the wedding. We could go over in May or August possibly. There, another decision to make.  










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Comments are much appreciated and I will comment back I promise.